With spring and summer coming on, we’re looking to add to our Tap House staff. Ideally we’d like to find someone with some flexibility who can work about 20 hours a week – some fixed shifts and some backup. As the weather warms up (and people are out and about more) we expect that we will get busier and will need more fixed hours. Interested? Let us know! You can email TapHouse@StapletonBrewing.com
Here’s the ad we posted today on Craigslist:
Tap House Beer-tender / Server
The Stapleton Tap House is Denver’s new home for Colorado Craft Beer! Conveniently located between DIA and Downtown Denver, we have 30 limited distribution Colorado breweries on tap in a cozy (68 seat) family-friendly environment. We do not have a kitchen, just light snacks, and customers are welcome to bring in their own food from surrounding restaurants. Check out our current tap list at www.StapletonTapHouse.com/tap-list
You’re passionate and knowledgeable about what you do. You love customer service and the world of craft beer. You want to connect with our customers and make them want to come back. You have experience in the service industry (face-to-face). You don’t mind being on your feet all day. You can manage multiple customer tabs and a point of sale system. You are a quick learner – we have 30 beers (and ciders) on tap all the time, and the selections change frequently (sometimes multiple times a day). You can quickly learn about the beers and describe them to customers. You are dependable and hard working. You have a great, professional, positive attitude.
About the Job
We are expanding our small staff to add another Beer-tender / Server. You will be the face of the Tap House to our customers, not only pouring and serving great Colorado Craft Beers but also making recommendations to customers and helping them learn more about craft beer. Initially you will be paired with another employee, but we expect that you will quickly progress and may handle some shifts on your own. A few more details:
- We are open 7 days a week – expect that you will have both weekday and weekend shifts, as late as 11pm and as early as noon. We are looking for someone to work about 20 hours a week at first, but this may increase as business increases during spring/summer. Shifts may change, and you may be asked to cover for other employees’ absences. Must be flexible to help with event and other coverage. You may be asked to open / close on your own.
- Most of our customers are very knowledgeable about craft beer, but we do have some novices as well. You’ll need to be able to relate to both, describe beers and make recommendations.
- You take pride in your work environment. Keeping the space clean and organized, sweeping / mopping floors, wiping down tables, cleaning and restocking bathrooms. . . these aren’t the glamorous parts of the job, but they are critical to our customers’ experience.
- You like to have FUN!
A few Essential Job Skills
- You must be 21 years of age or older
- Able to multi-task, and remain calm and personable when you’re stressed
- Detail focused – able to maintain multiple accurate customer tabs and handle money responsibly
- Successful completion of TiPS training (prefer prior to hiring, otherwise within 30 days of hire). We DO NOT serve alcohol to anyone under 21. You will be expected to check IDs, and if you are found to have served someone underage your employment will be terminated.
- Must be physically able to lift kegs, to bend and twist, and to be on your feet for the entire work shift
- Must be knowledgeable about craft beer, but you don’t have to be an expert (you can learn). BJCP or Cicerone (Beer Server) Certifications are a big plus.
- Must have prior food service / restaurant / bar experience and understand what it means to work in this sort of environment.
If interested, please respond to this posting via email with a resume, cover letter, and prior work references (which will be checked).
*** Ideal candidates will go above and beyond and tell us why you are passionate about this job! Don’t just slap together a boring email if you want to impress us. ***